Yoga Poses For Arthritis | 7 Essential Everyday Yoga Poses To Manage Your Arthritis Pain
Cat or Marjari Pose:
- This pose helps spine to stretch, it is usually done on hands and knees. In case needed it can be modified to be done in a chair.
- Sit on the chair take your ankles under the knees and place your shoulders over your hips.
- Drag your belly in toward your spine.
- For the Marjari Pose stretch your back toward the back of the chair. Then reverse the motion of the exercise that makes your spine push your belly forward.
- The main function of this exercise is to help you have a better coordination of spine and strength of the spine.
- With a few who have Arthritis may like to prefer it on the floor and stretch with the use of your wrist or with a blanket under the knees.
Down Dog or Adho Mukha Shvanasana:
- Place your feet apart and pull your bottom upwards into the air with your head facing down and place your hands on the floor.Adho Mukha Shvanasana can also be done with the use of a chair while placing the hands or your forearms on the seat or back of the chair.
Extended Triangle Pose or Utthita Trikona:
- This particular pose is advised using either a block or a wall to support your back using the wall.
- You need to stand with your foot about 3 feet apart while facing forward and your back on the wall.
- Raise your arms straight out on the sides
- Twist your right foot so your heel is at a 90-degree angle to make an arch using your left foot.
- Put a block in front of your right foot and push over the right foot with the help of your arm and bend the waist so that your left arm should be pointing up while your right foot points down.One can also place their right hand using it as a block for balance.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
Tree Pose or Vrikshahs Asana:
- This posture helps improve your balance and increase core strength.
- While you stand to pull one foot up while you rest on your ankle, calf’s or thighs
- Hold one of your hand and palm together in front of your chest.
- Balance yourself while you raise your hands over your head. Let your arms spread wide branches of trees.
- Now Switch to other foot.
- If needed, you can also take help of the wall for balance.
Yoga Tip For Arthritis Patients:
Supported Bridge Pose or Setu Bandha Sarvangasana:
- You need to lie on your back while using the strength of your hips and thighs lift your lower back.
- Put a block under you and relax.With these instructions followed you would have the benefit of getting a back bend without the extra efforts of doing without the block.
Supported Bound Angle or Supta Baddha Konasana
- Get into this pose start by lying down.
- Put a block just between your shoulder blades and the blanket to add a bit of support.
- You would have an arched feeling but don’t worry you would get proper support.
- Ask an instructor for help with the props if needed.
- If needed ask your instructor or coach to help you with the props if needed.
- Get your feet together. Then let your knees fall out and put blocks under the knees.
Corpse Pose or Savasana:
- This is a relaxing posture while you close your yoga session.
- Rest on your back with your arms by your side, your legs straight and while your feet fall outwards
- You may use any prop or block for the support.
- This is a seemingly simple pose that plays a key role in reaping the benefits of mindfulness and stress reduction.
Hence, Yoga is an ancient practice that originated in India, where it has many different spiritual meanings. However outside India yoga is mostly seen as a helpful and the most natural way of leading Mind, Body, and Soul. Thus, there are various yoga asanas for arthritis. There are number of different styles of yoga that help cure arthritis, as yoga poses for arthritis patients is a really effective means of dealing with this problem !!!!