Yoga for Beginners – How To Get Started !
Our Yoga for beginners article is perfect for people which are new to the yoga practice or returning after some time away from the practice.. what ever it is you will find our article as the best source !
Do you know what exactly yoga for beginners defined ?
Yoga is a form of exercise that focuses on maintaining a balance between the mind, body and soul. This 5000-year-old discipline has originated in India and makes one capable of unfolding the endless potentials of a human mind and soul. Adapting the yogic way of life, one steps into the holistic way of life that unites the mind, body and soul.
These effective yoga postures and techniques harmonize one’s life. It is only by living the life in harmony that the journey of life becomes happier, calmer and fulfilled.
The yoga asanas help restore the body balance thus helping to strengthen our body, calm our mind, recapture our focus and improve our self- confidence. It can be considered as a far-reaching package for beginners as well as its regular practitioners and benefits people of all age groups.
The regular practice of Yoga asanas are known to bring remarkable lifestyle changes in the practitioners. It can be the one time solution to several chronic illnesses and behavioral changes. Regular yoga practitioners have reported a healthy, happier living with reduced anxiety, increased tolerance and mindfulness.
For the beginners, yoga proves to be an excellent means to physical, mental and emotional wellbeing. For the beginners, it is always wise to learn from a qualified yoga teacher. This helps in learning yoga poses properly thus avoiding any physical injuries. The beginners can opt for customized yoga poses, which can help to retain an open mind, broaden one’s vision leading to an enhanced yoga experience.
The top 10 Basic Types Of Yoga For Beginners
Following are some of the poses that suits best for yoga for beginners
- Iyengar yoga : Iyengar yoga is great form for the beginners who are intended to learn the refinements of correct alignment. Yoga poses like Props – belts, blocks and pillow-like bolsters – help the beginners to develop the correct alignment.
- 2. Ashtanga yoga: Ashtanga is a more energetic style of yoga. It consists of a varied series of poses, each continued for five breaths and interposed by a half sun salutation.
- Mysore style: This is the most-preferred, most safest and traditional form of yoga.
- Vinyasa flow: It is a slower style of yoga for the beginners and meant to just get a feel of the pose. This particular yoga pose draws its style from ashtanga yoga.
- Bikram yoga Designed by an indian yogi, this style is a combination of 26 yoga poses which aid in stretching and strengthening the muscles of the body. Kundalini yoga
- Kundalini yoga: Kundalini yoga was specifically designed to awaken energy in the spine. Kundalini yoga poses include meditation, breathing techniques, chanting and other yoga postures.
- Hatha yoga: This consists of physical practice of yoga poses. It involves very common and gentle yoga poses.
- Yin yoga: This consists of seated yoga poses that are meant to strengthen the tissues in the hips, pelvis and lower spine. This yoga pose is great for the beginners as it increases flexibility and encourages a feeling of release. It is considered the most brilliant way to learn the basics of meditation. It is also considered one of the most relaxing forms of yoga.
- Restorative yoga: Restorative yoga mostly preferred for the beginners as it consists of yoga poses that can help heal the mind and body. Being a combination of simple poses often held for as long as 20 minutes, it is also more of a relaxing form of yoga.
- Jivamukti yoga : Jivamukti denotes “liberation while living”. This yoga style is unique involving music, chanting, and scripture readings. Jivamukti is good for the beginners as it motivates them to apply the yogic philosophy in their day to day lives.
Here’s What Baba Ramdev Explains The Significance Of Practicing Yoga For Beginners
Known for revolutionizing yoga, Swami Ramdev explains the importance of some very simple yoga poses for the beginners. In all his yoga sessions, he lays stress on performing at least 5 ‘pranayama’ and 5 small physical exercises (otherwise known as sukshma asanas) that can keep us healthy and stress-free.
Take a look at the list of 5 ‘Pranayama’ styles that Swami Ramdev rightly suggests for a common man or for a yoga for beginners / zeroe’s :
In this yoga pose, the breathing pattern resembles with the blowing of bellows. This yoga pose provides major health benefits.
- Helps to eliminate toxins and cures respiratory track illnesses and the common cold.
- Enhances the supply of oxygen and aids in blood purification
- Instills positivity within self
Kapal Bhati Pranayam:
- This is a type of breathing exercise that helps in eliminating various ailments over a period of time.
- Kapabhati brings about a glow on the face of the practitioner.
Anulom Vilom Pranayam:
In this form of pranayama, inhalation, retention, and exhalation is used. Beginners are advised to start the practice of this form without holding of breath.
- Anulom Vilom Pranayama helps in cleansing the pranic channels and makes the prana flow freely through the entire body.
- The nadis or the energy channels undergo purification with this yoga pose. This is best and simple form for the beginners.
Click here to know – Exciting Health Benefits Of Yoga And Meditation For Coders !
This is one of the best methods to enhance the concentration level .
- It relaxes the mind and relieves from hypertension.
- It is helpful in treating paralysis and migraines. It is also very helpful for avoiding Alzheimer disease.
Udgeeth Pranayam :
It is most beneficial for the beginners as it is one of the easiest and simple forms of yoga poses.
- It not only calms the mind but also relieves from anger and anxiety.
- It also improves the memory power and cures problems of the nervous system.
- It avoids insomnia and helps you get rid of bad dreams or nightmares.
In addition, there are some other physical exercises which have been suggested by Baba Ramdev. The top 5 yoga poses include Vajrasana , Mandukasana, Shashankasana, Gomukhasana, Vakrasana. These yoga poses are rightly yoga for beginners at home. Daily yoga practice at home can act as a great way to stay happy and healthy.
One word of caution for the beginners is that they should never do anything that hurts. Muscles stretching can sometimes be a bit painful, but that generally it denotes the exertion, and is seldom a warning pain of injury. We hope your first encounter with yoga gives you significant benefits.