Baba Ramdev Yoga Poses For Thyroid Problems – Natural Methods To Cure Thyroid Problems –
You will be surprised to see your thyroid disorder status after practicing Yoga !!!!!!!!!
Everything You Would Like To Know About Thyroid Disorder – Causes, Diagnosis & Treatment
A thyroid disease is defined as a medical condition that impairs the functioning of the thyroid. If some of you reading this blog are not aware, then let me tell you the importance of thyroid, which is a butterfly-shaped gland in front of the neck. It plays an important role in regulating the various metabolic processes throughout the human body.Vital hormones are produced by thyroid using iodine. Thyroxine that is otherwise called as T4 is the primary hormone that is produced by the gland. When the T4 is delivered to the body’s tissues via the bloodstream, a small portion of the T4 released from the gland is transformed to triiodothyronine (T3), which is the most active hormone.The entire function of the thyroid gland is synchronized by a feedback mechanism involving the brain. When the level of thyroid hormone is low, the hypothalamus in the brain produces a hormone known as thyrotropin releasing hormone (TRH) that causes the pituitary gland to release thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH). Accordingly, TSH stimulates the thyroid gland to release more T4. Since the thyroid gland is controlled as well as associated with the pituitary gland and hypothalamus, the disorders of these tissues can have negative implications on the functioning of thyroid and cause thyroid problems.
One thing to be noted is that these hormones not only regulate the metabolism rate but also positively affect the growth and rate of functionalities of many other systems in the body. T3 thyroid and T4thyroid produces Calcitonin that plays a major role in Calcium Homeostasis.
A Quick Classification On – Types Of Thyroid
It is also important to know about the different types of thyroid disorders.
It is the most common disorder of all thyroid problems. This is caused due to the excessive production of hormones by the thyroid glands. Grave’s disease can also lead to hyperthyroidism. Although it can treated after being correctly diagnosed, the absence of timely treatment may lead to serious implications. Prompt and regular medical care is helpful in case of Grave’s disease. In fact, physical exercises like Yoga poses for thyroid problems can help in the effective treatment of the patient
It is caused when the thyroid gland produces the insufficient amount of thyroid hormone. The early symptoms of this disorder include fatigue, constipation, dry skin, lose of concentration, pain in muscle and joints, and excessive menstrual bleeding in women. Since the production of energy in our body requires a specific amount of thyroid hormones, reduction in the production of hormones leads to lower energy levels. This may also lead to Hashimoto’s thyroiditis disorder, which is an autoimmune disorder wherein the body attacks the thyroid tissue eventually causing the death of the tissue and non-production of hormones.
is denoted as an enlarged thyroid gland. It can result due to the over-function of the thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism, or production of excessive thyroid hormones) or with under-function of the gland (hypothyroidism, or insufficient production of thyroid hormones). Some goiters are also associated with normal levels of thyroid hormones.
Lithium has also been denoted as the cause of hypothyroidism.
Hearing it from the doctors
When you have such complaints and visit your doctor, he/she will at first press his or her fingers gently against your throat to feel the presence of thyroid. The doctor shall then want to check your thyroid hormone levels and will ask you to go for broad screening tests, such as the T4 or the thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) test. If the test report shows abnormal results, then the doctor will advise for further tests to identify the reason for the problem.
In addition to the medical treatment, another supplement that the doctors advice includes practicing yoga. Certain yoga poses for thyroid problems are very helpful and facilitate effective treatment.
Well, the conventional mode of treatment includes surgery and medications. Other alternative treatments involve the adoption of certain practices to alleviate some of the discomfort associated with thyroid problems and improve the functioning of the thyroid gland at the same time. These notable alternatives can be changes in the diet supplements of the patient and changes in the lifestyle with the adoption of herbal remedies and exercises especially in the form of yoga asana.
One thing to be noted and taken care of in case of the thyroid is that you should regularly get the medical evaluation done from your doctor.
On How To Control Thyroid By Yoga ? | The Impact Of Practicing Yoga Poses For Thyroid Problems
Yoga can be the most definitive cure for controlling some of the most chronic and painful diseases like back issues, diabetes, thyroid problems, and much more. This article demonstrates the ways of getting relief through the adoption of yoga practices for thyroid problems. Undoubtedly, yoga is one of the most traditional and conventional modes of treatment for thyroid. It has been since ages that yoga is being practiced in our country. Such is the rich yoga culture that there is a varied array of yoga poses which results in multiple benefits.
Top 10 Baba Ramdev Yoga Poses For Thyroid Problems
This is a very useful form of pranayama. This is a Sanskrit word which means forehead light. ‘Kapal’ means forehead and ‘Bhati’ means light. It denotes that this breathing exercise can enlighten the forehead leading to a positive radiant in our mind, which shall result in the disappearance of all diseases.The process of purification of the body helps in enhancing the vivacity of life and reincarnates the Kundalini Shakti in the body, which leads to lessening the effects of the thyroid.
Kapalabhati Yoga Asana Procedural Steps
- Be seated on the floor in a contented cross-legged position.
- Take a deep breath followed by quick exhalation, while making a sound.
- One thing to remember is that while doing this yoga asana, you should try to exhale both powerfully and quickly while you are required to inhale slowly and deeply.
- You are required to repeat this for ten times and then release.
- Sarvangasana (Shoulder stand pose):
The shoulder stand pose is the one of the most important asanas that can stimulate the thyroid gland and control the level of thyroxin. This yoga pose is one of the most effective ones as it leads to the blood flow from legs to head region owing to its inverted condition. This feature of this yoga pose is helpful in curing of the thyroid.
Sarvangasana Yoga Asana Procedural Steps
- Lie down on your back with the hands under the mid-back.
- Lift the legs and lower body in a manner that the weight of the body is supported on the shoulders, upper arms, head, and neck.
- Viparitakarani (Inverted Pose):
The real denotation of Viparita is ‘reverse’ and Karni means ‘by which’. It helps to maintain a balance in the thyroid functioning and diminishes the complications caused due to hypoactive thyroid. This is also one of the most important yoga poses for thyroid problems.
Viparitakarani Yoga Asana Procedural Steps
- Lie down on your back with the hands under the mid-back.
- Try to raise the legs slowly to almost 90 degrees to the floor.
- Now place the hands under the lower back at the waist level.
- Use your hands and elbows to support and raise your body up further.
- Halasana (Plough pose):
Hala denotes plow. This yoga exercise results in neck compression and stimulates the thyroid glands.
Halasana Procedural Steps
- First, lie on your back with your arms placed beside you and palms downwards.
- Inhale while using your abdominal muscles to lift your feet off the floor and raise your legs vertically to form a 90-degree angle.
- Continue normal breathing and also support your hips and back with your hand and try to lift them off the ground.Try to place your legs in an 180-degree angle over your head until your toes touch the floor.
- Ensure that your back remains perpendicular to the floor. Initially, you may find it difficult but after some time, you will feel relaxed in the position.After holding the pose for a minute, you can bring your legs down on exhalation.
- Matsyasana (Fish pose):
Matsya means fish, in the final pose. This is called with this name as the asana take the form of fish. It provides adequate stretching to the neck region, which immensely helps in stimulating the functioning of the thyroid gland.
Matsyasana Yoga Asana Procedural Steps
- Sit in the position of Padmasana.
- Slowly lie down while thrusting hands on the carpet.
- Place the palms next to ears.
- Press palms and waist, raise the trunk and head and place the crown of the head on the floor.
- Then place both the hands on the thighs and place the elbow on the floor.
- Now the crown of the head and lower body on the floor form an arc shape on the back.
- Maintain this pose for at least 2 min.
- Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation):
The 12 poses of Surya namaskar are highly beneficial for thyroid patients. In fact, it is a single stop solution to fitness. The regular practice of Surya Namaskar improves the blood circulation throughout the body, maintains good health, and enhances our immune system. It helps to keep the body calm and healthy thereby lessening the harmful effects of the thyroid.
- Bhujangasana (The cobra poses):
This pose involves compressing and stretching actions in the neck, which are very much beneficial in regulating thyroid glands.
Bhujangasana Procedural Steps
- Lie on your stomach with your toes flat on the floor
- Keep your legs close together,such that your legs and toes slightly touch each other.
- Inhale and slowly lift your head, chest, and abdomen while keeping your navel on the floor.
- Pull your torso back to the floor with the help of your hands.
- Come back to the relaxed position on the floor with the support of your hands.
One thing to be noted is that this asana is to be avoided if you are suffering from carpel tunnel syndrome.
- Sirshasana (Headstand pose):
Sirshasana is one of the best Yoga postures to keep the gland disorder free. It is one such yoga asana that directly acts on the thyroid glands, thus helping you to maintain a balance between the metabolic functions. It inculcates vigilance and watchfulness with regular practice.
Sirshasana Procedural Steps
- The body is completely inverted and held upright
- The forearms support this, and the crown of the head rests lightly on the floor.
- Tucana Padasana – Raised Leg Pose:
The doctors also recommend this yoga pose as a supplement during the treatment of thyroid. This yoga asana helps in stimulating the thyroid glands and help in maintaining a balanced metabolism, which is very beneficial for the thyroid patients.
Tucana Padasana Procedural Steps
- Lie on your back in a relaxed position.
- With hands placed on either side, your palm must be facing down’
- While slowly breathing in, raise your legs at 45 -60 degrees from the ground.
- Exhale out and come back to your normal position.
- You can repeat it 3-4 times in a day.
- Dhanurasana (The Bow pose):
The bow pose helps effectively massage the thyroid gland and leads the gland to produce required amount of hormone that is required to control thyroid.
Regular practice of yoga can help deal with the thyroid disorders. It is more than any physical exercise and acts as a supplement in addition to the medical treatment in case of the thyroid. However, yoga will require much patience and perseverance as its effects start showing up in some time.
While practicing yoga, it is essential that you maintain a proper nutritious diet rich in iodine, copper, amino acids, green vegetables, fish, chicken, eggs, pumpkin, carrot, and tomatoes, which are a rich source of nutrients that can help in the proper functioning and restoration of balance in the thyroid glands.
Click here – How To Lead a Healthy Life?
Another notable advice by yoga therapists includes the chanting of “om” while keeping the body relaxed. It enables the body to respond well and you can see the healing effects with passage of time.Undoubtedly, yoga poses for thyroid problems have become a household remedy these days as people are drifting towards this traditional mode of treatment. The significance of yoga poses for thyroid problems lies in the various compressing, stretching, and twisting yoga asanas that massage the thyroid gland and result in the release thyroid, which helps in maintaining a healthy body metabolism.